Producers spanning the globe remix the 2014 album by Los Angeles-based keyboardist Mark de Clive-Lowe
If Mark de Clive-Lowe’s original 2014 album Church was a little too avant-garde for some, then Church Remixed quashes those qualms because it has far broader appeal.
Jazz was front and centre on Church, whereas Remix revolves around the dancefloor. Brian ‘Keys’ Tharme’s house mix of Hollow should slot seamlessly into any Ibiza set, as should Leonard Charles’s downbeat version of The Processional.
Broken beats have been an enduring passion of keyboardist de Clive-Lowe, so it’s no surprise the album opens with a slick syncopated version of Brukstep by Atjazz (aka Martin Iveson), with former Bugz In The Attic Daz-I-Kue continuing the theme with his makeover of Imam later.
Listen to three tracks from Church Remixed on this page, before heading to Mark de Clive-Lowe’s Bandcamp page for a choice of high-quality downloads.
Now or Never (Opolopo remix)
Hollow (Brian ‘Keys’ Tharme Deep Summer Vocal)
1. Brukstep (Atjazz Astro Remix)
2. Now or Never (Opolopo Remix)
3. The Processional (Leonard Charles Remix feat Ruby Walsh, Mara TK + Kimbra)
4. Ghaziya (Kid Fonque & D-Malice Remix)
5. Nova Roda (Myele Manzanza Remix)
6. Hollow (Brian ‘Keys’ Tharme Summer Vocal Vibe)
7. Imam (Daz-I-Kue Re-Bruk)
8. Sun Up Sun Down (Pastrana Remix)
9. Hollow (QBs Hot Dub)