Like Domu’s One Offs, Remixes And B Sides compilation, which shows off Dominic Stanton’s talents better than his solo album, Got The Bug 2 does the same for this west London collective. Their 2006 album Back In The Doghouse doesn’t quite reach the heights of 2004’s Got The Bug compilation or this superb follow-up. From the Roy Ayers-inspired opener Tell Him Again by BB Boogie to the percussive remix of SK Radikals’ Troubled Times, this compilation is crammed with some of the best broken beat tunes from the past decade.
In the same way that 4hero and Masters At Work were arguably the best remixers of the mid-to-late Nineties, Bugz In The Attic — along with the likes of Domu, et al — are the premier studio outfit of this decade.
Album highlights, such as Daz-I-Kue’s Rokstone (Soon Come) and Mark De Clive-Lowe’s Move On Up, only serve to illustrate that when it comes to hatching infectious grooves, the Bugz are among the best.
1. Tell Him Again (Bugz in the Attic Remix)
2. In My Bed (Bugz in the Attic Dub)
3. Plastico (Nautz Vocal Ricanstruction)
4. Zombie (Bugz in the Attic Remix)
5. Oh My Gosh (Bugz in the Attic Remix)
6. Rokstone (Soon Come) (Several Small Furry Bugz Co-Operating in the Attic)
7. Sow into You (Bugz in the Attic Remix)
8. Expression (Bugz Souled2soul Dub)
9. Let Me Love You (Bugz Bruk Dub)
10. Flappy Dayz (Nautz 20: 20 Edit)
11. Move on Up (Bugz Opaque Remix)
12. Troubled Times (Bugzintheattic Remix)
13. Smooth Criminal (Bugz in the Attic Vocal Remix)